TMT stands for Tread Mill Test. It is a screening tool to test the effect of exercise on the heart.
In this test patient is made to walk on a treadmill and electrical activity of the heart is measured with an ECG, and blood pressure recordings are taken every few minutes. As per a standard protocol, patient is made to walk till target heart rate is reached, but if the patient develops chest discomfort or ECG changes the test is terminated.h6 style="color: #1a4871; font-size: 21px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Calibri;">The test is indicated:
- to evaluate for worsening angina
- to evaluate for coronary artery disease
- to identify rhythm changes that may occur during exercise
- to evaluate the significance of valvular stenosis
- The test is usually positive when the coronary stenosis is >70%.
At Shanti Gopal Hospital the test is performed using highly advanced machines by our experienced professionals.