Your digestive health plays an essential role in maintaining your general well being. There are plenty of digestive issues that take a toll over your health. Hence, it is necessary to remain vigilant to the symptoms and take necessary action before the situation become worse.
There are plenty of digestive issues that would require you to go looking for the best gastroenterologist in Ghaziabad. A gastroenterologist is specialized in treating patients with gastro issues. It is important to seek assistance from a gastroenterologist to get yourself treated.
Diarrhoea is one of the common digestive issues that range from mild, temporary to life-threatening issues. It is categorized as an abnormal and watery stool that continued for several days.
Some Facts on Diarrhea
- Bacteria, parasites or viruses cause most of the diarrhoea cases.
- There are plenty of other chronic diseases like inflammatory bowel diseases and Crohn’s diseases that can lead to diarrhoea.
- You can effectively reduce your diarrhoea condition by taking anti-diarrheal medications. Zinc supplements are useful for children.
- There are some probiotic interventions as well that prove to be beneficial to tame down the diarrhoea.
Symptoms of Diarrhea
Signs and symptoms of diarrhoea can be common. Hence, it is important to watch the signs your body gives closely. Take a look at some common symptoms and signs of diarrhoea.
- Loose and watery stools:It is one of the ordinary and initial signs that you have diarrhoea.
- Abdominal Cramps:When you have a watery stool with chronic abdominal pain, then it is quite evident that you have diarrhoea.
- Fever:Fever is also a major sign of diarrhoea.
- Blood in stool:You can also experience bloody stool during diarrhoea.
- Mucus in stool:Along with blood, you can also have mucus in stool as well.
- Bloating:It is yet another common sign that you have diarrhoea.
- Nausea:You will also experience slight nausea during diarrhoea.
- Frequent bowel movements:When having diarrhoea, you will experience urgent bowel movements.
Causes of Diarrhea
There are different causes of diarrhoea that you must be aware of. Take a look at some common causes:-
- Viruses:Norwalk virus, viral hepatitis, cytomegalovirus are some of the common viruses that can lead to diarrhoea.
- Bacteria and Parasites:As mentioned earlier, bacteria and parasites are the common causes of diarrhoea that travels from body to body.
- Medications:There are certain medications that can react with your digestive system and cause diarrhoea.
- Lactose Intolerance:People who have lactose intolerance might have the chances of developing diarrhoea when consuming lactose products.
- Artificial Sweeteners:There are some artificial sweeteners that might not be welcoming for your digestive system and cause diarrhoea.
The Bottom Line
Digestive issues are usual, but when the situation takes a dangerous turn, you need to be attentive to the situation. Diarrhoea is a common yet concerning digestive issue that needs immediate care.
If you have been experiencing diarrhoea, you need to get yourself treated from a gastroenterologist. The above mentioned were some of the common symptoms and causes of diarrhoea.